Saturday 9 April 2011

'Handling Currency in the Vortex - What's our Money?'

   Title : 'CASHxxx'  - PrayerArt by Rev.Bola (April2011)
   ************************************************


 There is tremendous power in a name. What we call something or someone, is rather important. A name does have a very significant effect on our subconscious minds, and affects the way we perceive the thing, person, object or event the name represents. I had a friend once whose parents had named him 'Prosper', and another one called 'Tiny'. What effect do you think those names would have had on the lives of those individuals?


My own first name, in its fullest original form means: 'I was wise enough to give birth to Joy!'
Isn't that amazing? And my own surname means: 'She who owns plenty, and is so generous with it!'
I am so thankful to my parents for the well thought out names they gave me. I just pray I can and do live up to, what I am called. Africans have always been excellent at naming their babies. This is partly because traditionally for them, an individual's name is also their calling, in the sense that what one is called, is also one's life purpose and is what you are called to do in life. This makes perfect sense doesn't it? A lot of common sense does come out of the heart of Africa that is trully worthy of note.


 Let's suppose now, that we were to have a different name for our money? Let's suppose that, instead of calling our financial notes 'Pounds, Dollars, Yen, or Euros', that we were to call them 'Hugs', 'Kisses' 'Blessings' or 'Handshakes'? So  for instance, rather than say that I paid someone fifty dollars for a bag of groceries, I were to say that I paid that someone fifty Hugs, for a bag of groceries. Or instead of saying that the offering price on a house was 250,000 pounds, I were to say instead, that the offer on the house was 250,000 Handshakes? Or instead of saying that, I owed 1000 Euros on my credit card, I were to say that, I owed 1000 Kisses on my credit card? And instead of saying that I had paid 3000 pounds to a dealer for my automobile, I were to say instead that I had paid the dealer 3000 Blessings? Which feels better?


A simple demonstration here, that indeed their is power in a name. I am sure each reader could come up with a few alternative names to call our financial currency, that would lighten our mood and improve our attitudes towards money. Personally, I would love to see Nigerian currency called 'Blessings and Hearts' rather than the 'Naira and Kobo', they are called now, no offence to the originator who I'm sure was good intentioned.  Perhaps then, the average annual salary for a nurse or a teacher, could be called something like 400,000 Blessings, rather than 400,000 Naira.  Anyway, I am sure by now you get my point. Giving and receiving currency as Blessings, Hearts, Handshakes, Hugs, Kisses etc, sounds a lot more meaningful and representative to me, of actual life, than giving and receiving dollars, pounds, or naira.


Another idea could be to conduct some social/market surveys for alternative names to call money,  or even to set up a national or regional competition for the most suitable and life affirming alternative names, for our financial currency. The point I am making here, is that creating wealth, is not meant to be a drudgery, a source of pressure, frustration, anxiety and depression, as it does appear to be for so many people. Handling money, financial stewardship, creating prosperity, affluence, creating financial abundance for all, was and is meant to be a joyful, peaceful, life affirming, simple activity; after all, that is supposed to be what 'makes the world go round'. So why can't this 'merry-go-round' be pleasurable and fun?


It is really up to each and everyone of us to ensure that this is so, and that could begin, with something as simple and straightforward, as changing the name and meaning, that we give to our money.
What do you feel?


Written by Rev.Bola Animashaun
(Copyright 9April2011 -ARR)

Related Link: http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment